How to Recover Hosts File
1, the system default user HOSTS file is in “c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc, the default file is in the system disk.
2, type Win + R key combination, pop up the run bar pop-up window, as shown in the figure.
3, and then in the Run text box, enter c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc command, click OK button, as shown.
4, then go to the default system hosts folder, copy it, and then open it with Notepad.
5. Then replace the Hosts file with the code to restore it and open the contents of Notepad.
6. After the modification, then go to the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc file and replace the previous hosts file.
How to fix computer hosts folder anomaly? Computer hosts folder abnormal recovery method
hosts file is a system file without extension, its main role is to be able to speed up the domain name resolution, but also can be shielded from the website, is a more important file. Some users feedback that the hosts folder abnormal, can not be used normally, how to do? In this regard, I would like to talk to you about the recovery method of the computer hosts folder abnormality.
The specific method is as follows:
1, first of all, in the system interface use at the same time press “Win + R” to bring out the run, in the run column type “c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc “and then click on “OK”.
2. Copy the hosts file from the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc directory to your desktop and open it with Notepad.
3, users can open the hosts file you want to modify or save a good hosts in the file, complete the operation in the closing file interface to save the OK operation.
4, then you only need to repair or modify the hosts file from the desktop dragged to the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc directory can be, the system will pop up the following picture of the interface to choose to replace the target file can be resolved to fix the problem of the hosts file.
Computer hosts folder abnormal recovery method is introduced here, host is a pivotal file, if you also encountered the same failure problem, you may want to try the tutorial to repair.
How to fix computer hosts folder anomaly? How to fix hosts folder abnormality
If the hosts folder is abnormal, you can fix it by following these steps:
1. Open Windows Explorer and locate the following path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
2. In the etc folder, find the file named “hosts”.
3. Right-click on the “hosts” file and select “Properties”.
4. In the Properties dialog box, make sure that the Read Only option is unchecked. If it is, uncheck it.
5. If you are unable to change the Read Only option, it may be because you do not have sufficient permissions. You need to run Explorer as an administrator.
6. If the “hosts” file has been modified or corrupted, you can delete it and create a new “hosts” file.
7. To create a new “hosts” file, right-click in the etc folder and select “New” > “Text File”.
8. Rename the newly created text file to “hosts” and make sure the file extension is “.txt”.
9. Double-click to open the “hosts.txt” file and add or paste the hosts records you need.
10. Save and close the “hosts.txt” file.
11. Right-click on the “hosts.txt” file and select “Properties”.
12. In the Properties dialog box, remove the file extension “.txt” and make sure the file name is “hosts”.
13. Click “Yes” in the pop-up dialog box to confirm the change.
Now your computer’s hosts folder should be repaired and working properly.