word table column width how to set_word how to set the table column width
In we are using the word of the production of the form, often need to accurately set the form of the value of the height of the rows and columns of the width of the newcomer is still a certain degree of difficulty, how to do? Here let me bring you word set the table row height and column width method, welcome to learn.
word set the table row height and column width method
1. Use the mouse to change the change column width and row height
When editing forms with Word, often involves changing the table column width, the following changes to the column width and row height of the most rapid and most direct method:
(1) to confirm that the current state in the [Page] view, if not, you can click [View] | [Page] command. Page] command.
(4) Release the mouse button, the grid lines are repositioned.
Figure 1 Hold down the mouse and drag the grid lines to the desired location
When using the grid lines to change the column width, the total width of the form remains unchanged. Word will correspondingly increase or decrease the width of the neighboring columns (which is the opposite of using the ruler to change the width of the columns). However, if you press the Shift key while dragging, the width of the entire table will change, while the other column widths will remain unchanged.
If you drag the column to the right or left while pressing the Alt key, you will see the exact column width in inches on the ruler as you move the gridlines. Both of these effects can be achieved at the same time when both keys are used at the same time.
2. Use the ruler to change the table column widths and row heights
Similarly, use the ruler of the document to change the column widths, the steps are as follows:
(1) Confirm that in the [Page] view state.
(2) Click [View] │ [Ruler] command to display Word’s ruler.
(3) Position the cursor inside the table and select the table.
(4) Hold down the mouse and drag the horizontal ruler want to move the grid lines corresponding to the dark area (if the cursor will hover over the dark area, you will see the “move the table columns” prompt), as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 Use the ruler to change the table column widths and row heights
(5) Continue to press the mouse button at the same time, the dark area (and the corresponding grid lines) dragged to the desired location.
(6) Release the mouse button so that the gridlines are repositioned.
When using Word’s ruler to change column widths, the total width of the table is expanded or compressed accordingly (which is the opposite of using gridlines to change column widths). However, if the Shift key is pressed while dragging, the entire width of the table remains unchanged, and Word only adjusts the columns adjacent to the selected columns to change again. If the Alt key is pressed while dragging the column to the right or left, the exact column width is displayed in inches on the ruler as you move the grid. Pressing both keys at the same time produces both effects.
3. Use the [Form Properties] dialog box to set the row height and column width
If you want to set the precise location of the table row height and column width, you can use the [Form]|[Form Properties] command to set. Methods are as follows:
(1) selected to adjust the width of one or more columns, if there is only one column, simply place the insertion point in the column.
(2) Click [Forms] | [Form Properties] command, pop-up [Form Properties] dialog box, and then select the [Rows] or [Columns] tab.
(3) Check the [Specify Width] check box, specify the value of the row height or column width in the fine-tuning box behind, in the [Column Width Units] drop-down list box to the right of the selected unit (or in the [Row Height Values] list box to the right of the selected value is the [Minimum] or [Fixed Value]. If you want to set the width of other columns, you can click [Previous] ([Previous column]) or [Next] ([Next column]) button, as shown in Figure 3.
(4) Finally, click [OK] button to complete.
Figure 3 using the [Table Properties] dialog box to set the row height and column width
4. The average distribution of the list of cells in each column
A form after many changes in the column width, may make the form of the width of the columns are not equal, affecting the beauty. This can make the form of some columns of equal width.
Guess what you are interested in:
1. how to adjust the height and width of word table
2. how to set the table column width in word
3. how to accurately set the cell size of the table in word 2013
4. how to adjust the width of the table in Word
5. how to adjust the word table Row height